Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oh man, I'm having yarn withdrawl. I'm so busy with school that I get about 30 minutes of knitting time a week. All I want to do tonight is go to a yarn shop and spend loads of money, and then come home and roll around on my yarn. Alas, both time and money thwart me. I've got some reasonably nice yarn at home, but one ball is being knitted into Branching Out (which is not entirely stress free for a new knitter like myself), and the other is still in hank form.

The hank is blue and pink variegated, with a colour repeat of about an inch and a half to two inches, and I have no idea what it'll look like knit up. Not a clue. I'd swatch it, but I'd have to spend an hour winding it into a ball first. Morgan told me it wanted to be a hat, but I don't know what kind of hat it wants to be.

Anyway, the basic reason behind this post is because I'm bored, and I don't want the breath holding and constant counting of Branching Out, but I also don't want to make stockinette cat toys for my cat to tear apart. Blah.

I want to knit. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh hats are a great quick knit to satisfy the need for product-based knitting. I came across this top-down hat pattern the other day and downloaded it:

http://www.smallknits.com/karlchen.htm

or...to go right to the download:

http://www.smallknits.com/patterns/free%20patterns/karlchen.pdf

As an intermediate/experienced knitter, I honestly found Branching Out to be a challenge. It really needed my concentration more so than other lace patterns that I've done.

Can't wait to see the finished product though!

tulokyn said...

Oh, you're wonderful. The simplicity of stackinette, the interest of knitting with 5 needles... this sounds just about right on. Now I have some motivation for getting that hank into a ball and knitting something reasonably simple.

I wonder what it will look like with this yarn... If all else fails, I've got a ball of Cascade sitting around that I haven't been speaking with, but I love dearly.

Thank you. :3