Saturday, January 13, 2007

I would have pictures, but the cat stole the CD that has my camera drivers on it. I had to reinstall Windows last weekend, due to a virus doing something terrible to the part of Windows that takes care of the login screen. Fun times.

Anyway, since I last blogged (in October >_>) I have finished knitting two shawls, a beer cozy, a modified beer cozy to fit my tea bowl so I would stop burning my fingers, half a purple sock (we're about 1/4 through the heel flap and hanging out until I stop hating purling, or I lose interest in what I'm knitting now), numerous swatches (including two 2-3 inch "socks" that I decided were too ugly or too big. I call them an experiment on how well this yarn holds up to frogging), and I;m currently working exclusively on a Welt Fantastic sock from Sensational Knitted Socks. I have taken the liberty of removing the welts on this attempt, and it looks awesome.

I was a spoiled knitter on Christmas. My mom got me two sets each of two sizes of KnitPicks dpns, Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch, Knitting on the Road bt Nancy Bush, and the Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I also got a subscription to Interweave Knits that starts with the next issue, and a neat miniature sewing machine. My boyfriend got me a set of size 1 ebony dpns by Lantern Moon, and two balls of Patons Kroy sock yarn. I got myself two hanks of Sweet Georgia in Gold Digger, and that's what's being knit into Fantastic socks right now.

The other day, I got the urge to learn fair isle again, so I found a hat pattern, and I ordered a bunch of stuff from KnitPicks for that and for more sock needles. I love their dpns so much that I wanted to have some on hand for the next swatching I'm going to do in larger needles (2s and 3s specifically). Of course, I ordered on Thusday, and my order status still says Pending, so I'm getting antsy about seeing it move already.

Anyway, I need to go work on my homework. Photos to come at some point, but I need to find that CD first. The manufacturer's website only has the update to the driver's, not the base to get upgraded. Boo.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Interestingly enough, I just finished a sock with knitpicks dpns and ended up with numb fingers from it. I don't know if it was the needles or the yarn (Cascade Fixation), cause it was the first time for both. I just started the second sock with my crystal palace bamboo dpns, so if I get numb fingertips again, then I'll blame the yarn! I've knit many socks and never had this issue before, so it's got to be one or the other!

tulokyn said...

Hmm, I haven't gotten any numb fingers from my sock, but that could be due in part to the fact that I have so much homework that I can't sit and knit all day. I have to squeeze in a bit on the bus or before class or just before bed and the like. I'm also using wool, so that could be a factor.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I have a numb left index finger right now that is developing a callous. However, I have been knitting almost non-stop since yesterday, and pushing finger into my left needle repeatedly.

(we drove up to Rob's parents' house for the night. I knitted both ways and a bit while I was there).