Thursday, August 24, 2006


I started on my lemon bag at the Tuesday night KOL. I had neglected to realize in my charting, that I can't just carry the blue along through the yellow without it peeping through constantly, and the shape of the lemon prevents me from just dropping the yarn in the front and picking it up when I get back to it. Aggravation ensues. I spent half an hour or so last night sewing in ends so that I wouldn't have three million to do when I finished the bag, so you can't see the agony that has gone into this purse.

If I didn't love the colours and the concept so very much I'd probably bury the yarn at the bottom of my stash and find it in a month's time and do something else with it, lemon forgotten. As it stands, we may see a completed lemon purse sometime in the year 2010.

Sigh.

5 comments:

Megan said...

looks very cool. Did you recover from the early cutting of the yarn on tuesday?

tulokyn said...

Hehe, yeah I did. I've got about two or three rows on since then. I must admit to have started a new scarfy thing in the meantime. So many ends to weave in on it. T_T

I'll probably bring both of them to knitting tomorrow night. :3

Anonymous said...

I don't know anything about crochet...but is there an "intarsia" way (as in knitting)of doing the lemon to avoid a bunch of cut ends to weave in?

Probably good to step away from it for a bit before there are any yarn casualties :)

Alison said...

Absolutely no way you can use two pieces of blue, one on each side, and just make sure to switch twist before switching to the yellow? I know in knitting you could manage it.

tulokyn said...

There's a way I could string along the blue inside the yellow of the lemon, but on every other row you'd be able to see the blue peeping through on every stitch. I'm at a spot right now with the lemon that I don't have to snip the yellow every 5 minutes, thankfully.

You know, I might just try the two pieces of blue thing, now that I think I have to rip back two rows. T_T

Another thing that occurs to me is that I could start spit felting the blue ends together after cutting them, and then working with the tail again.